Board of Directors
- Professional Background: A director of our company since September 2008. Mr. Fitzgerald is Chairman of our Board and Chief Executive Officer of our company. Mr. Fitzgerald has also served as a director of our principal operating subsidiary, Monitronics International, Inc. (Monitronics), since December 2010 and served as Chairman of Ascent Media Group, LLC (AMG) from July 2000 until we sold AMG at the end of 2010. Mr. Fitzgerald also served as a Senior Vice President of Liberty Interactive Corporation (Liberty Interactive) and its predecessors from July 2000 to September 2011 and as a Senior Vice President of the former Liberty Media Corporation (currently known as Starz) (Old LMC) from its split-off from Liberty Interactive in September 2011 to December 2012. Prior to joining Liberty Interactive, Mr. Fitzgerald served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Operations Administration for AT&T Broadband (formerly known as Tele-Communications, Inc. (TCI)), from 1998 to 2000 and was Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and Chief Operating Officer of TCI Communications, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of TCI, from 1996 to 1998.
- Other Public Company Directorships: Mr. Fitzgerald has served as a director of Piper Jaffray Companies since March 2014. Mr. Fitzgerald served as a director of Expedia, Inc. from March 2006 to December 2012, during which time he also served as a member of the compensation committee. Mr. Fitzgerald also served as a director of TripAdvisor, Inc. from December 2011 to February 2013. In addition, Mr. Fitzgerald served as a director of On Command Corporation from 2001 to 2005 and Cablevision Systems Corporation from 1999 to 2000.
- Board Qualification: Mr. Fitzgerald brings to our Board over 30 years of experience in the media and telecommunications industries, as well as subscription-based businesses. He has an in-depth understanding of our business and the history of our organization coupled with significant executive and leadership experience.
- Professional Background: A director of our company since September 2008. Mr. Holthouse has been a partner with Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt LLP since 1991, where he provides tax planning and tax consulting services for privately held businesses and high net-worth individuals primarily in the real estate, entertainment and service industries. Mr. Holthouse is a certified public accountant.
- Other Public Company Directorships: Mr. Holthouse served on the board of directors and audit committee of Napster, Inc. from January 2004 to October 2008.
- Board Qualification: Mr. Holthouse brings to our Board experience as a public company director and an audit committee member. His tax and accounting training enables him to provide our Board with sophisticated financial insight and to fulfill his function as audit committee chairman.
- Professional Background: Mr McMillin has been a Director of our company since 2017. He currently serves as Managing Partner of Nevis Advisors and is a veteran of the technology, media and communications industries, with 30 years of experience. Previously he was President and Chief Operating Officer of Cequel III and its portfolio company TierPoint. Prior to TierPoint, Tom served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Suddenlink Communications. Prior to this, Tom served as Chief Financial Officer for a diverse group of communication companies including First Broadcasting, Clearwire Technologies, Inc., AMFM, Inc., and Marcus Cable; he also served as the Chief Operating Officer for Novo Networks, Inc.; and served in various financial positions for Crown Cable and Cencom Cable. He began his professional career in 1983 with Arthur Andersen & Co.
- Additional Qualifications: In 2014, Tom was named a recipient of a CTAM (Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing) TAMI Award for exceptional leadership in projects that benefited both CTAM and the industry at large. In 2013, he received the Mid-America Cable Telecommunications Association’s Pathfinder Award. Tom holds a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from the University of Missouri – Columbia.
- Other Public Company Directorships: He currently serves on the Board of Directors of WOW! Communications (Symbol: WOW) where he serves as chairman of the audit committee and Service Express, Inc., and is a member of the Board of Governors for the SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation.
- Professional Background: A director of our company since September 2008. Mr. Pohl serves as an advisor to companies in the technology, media and telecommunications industries. Mr. Pohl has served on the board of directors of BlackArrow, Inc. since January 2012 and was appointed as Chairman of its board of directors in June 2012. Mr. Pohl has served on the board of Think Analytics since March 2013 and on the board of Imagine Communications Corp. since March 2013, having previously served on the board of its predecessor, Harris Broadcast. From December 2007 to April 2008, Mr. Pohl served as the Interim Vice President/General Manager of the On Demand Systems Division of ARRIS Group, Inc., a communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband networks (ARRIS). Mr. Pohl was President of Global Strategies at C-COR Incorporated (C-COR) from December 2005 to November 2007, when C-COR was acquired by ARRIS, and served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of nCUBE Corporation, an interactive video server company, from December 1999 to December 2005. Mr. Pohl has been and continues to be actively involved in numerous industry associations and received the National Cable and Telecommunications Association’s highest honor, the Vanguard Award, in 2008.
- Other Public Company Directorships: Mr. Pohl served on the board of directors and compensation committee of BigBand Networks, Inc. from May 2009 through the sale of the company to ARRIS in November 2011, during which time he served on the audit committee of its board of directors beginning in June 2009 and served as Chairman of its board of directors beginning in February 2010.
- Board Qualification: Mr. Pohl brings to our Board valuable technological insight and over 25 years of extensive experience with technology companies. His management experience and financial expertise is complemented by his knowledge of applied sciences.
Jeffery Gardner was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Monitronics in September 2015. Jeff brings over 25 years of experience in the telecommunications industry and has specific expertise in the areas of operations management, strategic development, finance, accounting and financial reporting. Most recently, Jeff served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Windstream Holdings, Inc. where he led the acquisition of nine entities since 2006 with a combined value of over $5 billion. He previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Alltel Corporation where he oversaw the Company's financial operations and spent his early career at 360 Communications, holding various executive positions in the Company.
Jeff currently serves on the Board of Directors for CalAmp Corporation and the Qorvo Corporation, where he is also Chairman of the audit committee. From 2006 through February 1, 2015, he also served on the Board of Directors for Windstream Corporation. From 2012-2013, he served as Chairman of the United States Telecom Association.
Jeff received a Bachelor's degree in finance and accounting from Purdue University and holds an MBA from the College of William & Mary.